Last month we took video submissions from the YouTube community to be included in our Help Centre. We received a large number of creative, informative videos and have embedded six of them in our Help entries. Check out the Round 1 selections in the Favourites section of the YouTubeHelp channel.
Based on such great success last month, we are opening the floodgates for Round 2! We're asking you again to use your skills to create videos that we can embed in our Help Centre. If selected, your video will be seen by many of the 1+ million users who visit the Help Centre each day.
To participate, here's what you need to do:
1. Decide which Help Centre entries you'd like to make an original video about:
- Editing my video
- Customising channels
- Contact lists
- Transferring from camera to computer
- File formats
- Embedding videos
- Can't hear audio
- Clear cache and cookies
- Using QuickCapture
- Director, Musician, Comedian, Guru and Reporter accounts
2. Upload your video to your YouTube account, then submit it through this page.
Here are a few tips to help you along the way:
- Keep it brief (1-2 minutes is perfect. Last round we got some epics, which were great, but just too long).
- Be creative, clear and 100% original
- Stay on topic (only submissions which address the Help Centre entries included in the list above will be accepted)
- Have fun with it
The deadline for submitting your video is December 19, 2008.
Grab a camera and show off your helpful community spirit!
The YouTube Help Team