Thursday, 29 April 2010

YouTube/Facebook Digital Debate: The Leaders Have Answered

More than 5,300 questions were put forward for the debate, with the Top 10 only decided after the casting of 180,000 votes. Gordon Brown, David Cameron and Nick Clegg have now delivered their responses – offering you the fresh opportunity to back your favourite responses at the UK Election channel.





The process threw up some interesting responses from the leaders, including Brown arguing that civil liberties are “the fundamental tenet of our constitution”, Cameron maintaining that burglars “leave their human rights at the door” and Clegg conceding that he “couldn’t predict how I would react” if confronted by an intruder at his family home.


The Top 10 included questions on the funding of scientific research, the voting system, student loans, drug policy, private property, policing, immigration, the UK-US relationship, the Digital Economy Bill and the economy – also the theme of this evening’s televised leadership debate on the BBC.


In the spirit of all that is YouTube, some of the more interesting and exotic questions that didn’t make the cut are listed below. What can we say, beyond suggesting that the Philosopher King idea could prove quite the vote-winner.


"Where are the jobs. Where are they? Also what is your favourite food?" Dmackers, Durham
"What is your opinion on a philosopher king? Should our policies that govern our lives be justified more through philosophy and ethics rather than money?" Macroverse, Shropshire
"The Stocks looked to have been an effective crime deterrent in the Middle Ages. Would you consider the introduction of a modern equivalent, perhaps financial/electronic but immensely public that would perhaps have more impact than current measures?" Kevin Peirce, Ipswich
"What's your favourite type of Pokemon?" Sheridan, Northumberland


Have fun,
Jamie Dolling, YouTube UK, recently watched “The Sound Of Epic”.

25 comments:

Tom said...

Your taking the piss now youtube, you really want to annoy me don't you, now you've put a new PLAYER next to the NEW LAYOUT, thats it....I never thought this day would come but you idiots have successfully destroyed youtube and everything in it, you've turned it into a website the same as everywhere else, youtube was unique, now its just a mess....BRING BACK THE OLD LAYOUT AND PLAYER!!!! Seriously you are a bunch of idiots!

RIV said...


документальный.

淑慧 said...

感謝分享哦~會再來看看的~. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

TheBipolarBear said...

Fantastic. I've absolutely lost my faith in Youtube and Google for putting the massive "Vote Conservative" advert on the homepage. I'd expect it of Rupert Murdoch's Sky News and The Sun, but not Youtube. I'd always seen it as politically and socially neutral.

Now you go and give the Conservatives a slot that only they could afford, which wouldn't happen on UK TV because of the laws for it. Funny how you'd be more likely to benefit from Tory government than any other; but I'd be just as angry if it was any other party you gave unfair prominence.

I have been a loyal Google user for 7 years, despite the privacy concerns. Now excuse me as I delete my Google Accounts and take my business elsewhere.

jon0301astabron said...

haha~ funny! thank you for your share~ ........................................

joancasilo said...

Affiliate Marketing is a performance based sales technique used by companies to expand their reach into the internet at low costs. This commission based program allows affiliate marketers to place ads on their websites or other advertising efforts such as email distribution in exchange for payment of a small commission when a sale results.
www.onlineuniversalwork.com

Jennifer said...

Wonderful talks in your article
Reverse Phone Lookup

BrumDon said...

change for the hobos

Aneztya said...

I have read this post.It's really awesome.I have noted some point which make this post excellent. I hope you will keep continue to write other informative and interesting post.Thank you.
Reverse Phone Lookup
Piranha 3D
Diet Solution Program Review

DiSCo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
DiSCo said...

Really trustworthy blog. sesli Please keep updating with great posts like this one. sesli sohbet I have booked marked your site and am about to email it

to a few friends of mine that I know would enjoy reading.. sesli chat

meriah said...

As soon as i saw the headline i couldn't wait to get to start reading the comments........


developments

Gary said...

great source for that niche...reverse cell phone lookup

Rosaly said...

nice and innovating idea I found on your blog...
watch tv on computer

Rosaly said...

pleasant resource. rss feed added.....
get six pack abs

DiSCo said...

Really trustworthy blog. sesli Please keep updating with great posts like this one. sesli sohbet I have booked marked your site and am about to email it

to a few friends of mine that I know would enjoy reading.. sesli chat

Adison said...

I started a youtube channel recently and purchased 10,000 Youtube subscribers from www.socialkik.com for our Youtube channel and the results were amazing! I passed all my competitors in the number of Youtube subscribers... some competitors have had their channels for over 3 years, but I now have 20 times more subscribers than them, which made it seem that I've been in business much longer than them !

bollinger said...

I like your post & I will always be coming frequently to read more of your post. Thank you very much for your post once more.
watch due date online

Ashok nagar said...

Really trustworthy blog. sesli Please keep updating with great posts like this one. sesli sohbet I have booked marked your site and am about to email it
Cpap Mask

Michal said...

Very Nice post.
I wanted to thank you for this great read!! I definitely enjoying every little bit of it I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post !!!

Lovegra

DiSCo said...

Thank you for sharing a nice article.
seslisohbet

Hoy said...

I wanted to thank you for this great read!! I definitely enjoying every little bit of it I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post !!!

P90X Health Care

Ashok said...

I like your post & I will always be coming frequently to read more of your post. Thank you very much for your post once more.

wyuguy said...

search the google then find your site.
that is a really excellent post.
short wedding dresses

Op Dr Ali Mezdeği said...

Thanks for the information. I really enjoyed, I would like get more
information about this,because is very beautiful, thanks for sharing
Web Tasarım

Post a Comment